cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Slow speed and browsing manchester

What the hell is going on in manchester ? My infinity 2 connection is stop start opening web pages,speeds have dropped from 65mpb/s to 10! and upload from 18 mbp/s to 4! and this is a through a wired connection,if this service is going to carry on being this bad at weekends i'll be off elsewhere.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow speed and browsing manchester

Hi Adrian

I'm in Manchester too and mine is just normal. Could it be anything 'local' to you (wiring, sockets etc.). At this time of year, believe it or not, Xmas lights (which often have very noisy transformers) can interfere with the signal in the phone line - have any neighbors just put in a large display - and is it the same when the display is off?

I'm sure you have - but have you tried turning off the hub (not the modem) and switching back on)?

Next thing is - where in M/CR? We could be on different exchanges and it be an exchange fault?

Try checking the BT business Infinity service status on google to see...

These are things to start with, given that not everyone in M/CR is the same (so it's not a large-scale fault).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow speed and browsing manchester

Hi thanks for the reply,

I'm connected to the walkden exchange, is that what your connected to ?

No one has put any displays near me, i did put a xmas tree up yesterday but it was fine when i put it up however i will try switching the lights off later when i get home to see of it makes a difference, i can understand transformers interfering with wireless but wired ?

I did notice this morning after about 10 mins of speed testing the hub started flashing orange and rebooted itself, it has never rebooted itself in the past, isn't flashing orange a problem connecting to the exchange from the modem ?

0 Ratings