cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Slow speed, banded?

Hello

I switched my Broadband to a different line about 3 weeks ago, and my Home Hub has been left on since. Initially I was picking up about 5000kbps which was perfect for me, however about a week ago it fell to about 2000kbps and hasn't been any higher since. Someone I know suggested I may have been banded? I'm afraid my technical knowledge is not great, I have followed all the advice in the Broadband Wizard but am still stuck under 2500kbps. Any help would be great, speed test and hub info below.

Thanks

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2393 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1200-4000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3020 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1040 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps

Broadband connection details:

Downstream3,023 Kbps

Upstream1,040 Kbps

Connection time0 days, 2:33:00

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow speed, banded?

I don't think you are in a banded profile.

please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow speed, banded?

0 Ratings