cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hinksey
Message 1 of 3

Slow speed issue

I was with o2, they served me for 3 years, had average speed, I then saw an advert for bt infinity, so I enquired.I was told that it wasnt in my area, but was arriving within 2 months.So September came ... nothing.I rang BT, who said no it wasnt coming to me, and they didnt know when.When I explained that I was promised, they werent interested. I phoned again as my speed was very slow, they sent an emgineer out, he changed the wall box, and told my partner the new 3 Hub was no good to me, so he changed it. Great I thought, thst was stupid of me.So on the phone again, this time I was told it was my laptops fault, so I went out and bought a new laptop.That didnt work, the speed was the same.So I phoned again complaining, the tech help people told me to unplug the phones in the house, and not to use them for at least an hour, they took my mobile number and told me they would ring me back, and tell me when I could reconnect the landlines, but they didnt phone me, during that time lapse, my mother phoned, and got worried.I have tonight taken 3 different speed readings.I was promised a speed of at least 1 mb, the first test gave me 824kbps. The second website gave me 856 mbps, and the 3rd website gave me 0.9 kbps. My contract with BT was a min of 1mb, so n my books they have NEVER forfilled there contract.Yesyerday I get an email telling me the price is going up.I WISH I NEVER GONE TO BT, AND STAYED WITH O2. Oh by the way the time I took the speed test were 22:16 so all the kids up the road were in bed, so please dont try and tell me it was at a busy period. ALL IN ALL BT SUCKS, AND EMPLOY STAFF THAT LIE TO GET COMMISION ......

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow speed issue

welcome to the forum

this is a customer help customer forum and only BT employees are the forum mods. 

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow speed issue

Hi Broadband services are sold as UP TO SERVICES there is no guarantee of a minimum speed that applies to all providers once you have posted your full hub stats and a FULL BT speed test as imjolly has posted someone here will be able to advise you further

0 Ratings