Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pughyd
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Slow speed, seems to happen every 3 months

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I have a very slow download which seems to occur every few months. 

Normally I can download at around 6mb, then my connection drops and I get 1.30mb. 

I've been told to wait 3/5 days (nothing changes) then after so long the router resets (noone touches it) and I have to start again, very fustrating. I tried a quiet line test, all ok. I've been told by 1st line that theres no problems with my line or exchange.

It all stays like that till I finally get someone on the phone that can reset my ip profile which seems to stick at 1.25mb. 

I'll enclose some stat shots

Many thanksbt1.jpgbt2.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow speed, seems to happen every 3 months

Go to solution

it looks like you have had some disconnections this has reduced your IP profile providing you can maintain a stable connection 24/7 for the next 3/5 days your profile will rise automatically just remember no manual hub resets  

there is no point in getting a reset done as the profile will only drop again soon after if the disconnections still happen have you tried connecting to the tyest socket to eliminate any internal wiring issues 

0 Ratings
pughyd
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

WOW, thanks for the quick reply, I'll keep an eye on it and see, whats annoying though is it'll been fine for months, then goes, takes me an age to get sorted, then fine for months again.

Cheers

Dave

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
please post back if you still have problems there is always someone around to help
0 Ratings
pughyd
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

All back up and running, seems just had to wait, many thanks for the help

Dave

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

normally 3/5 days stable connection get the profile back to normal the wait is always the worst part

0 Ratings