cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crd1993
Contributor
Message 1 of 66

Slow speed whilst gaming? Any help

So i recently moved to wales and we got BT all set up However whilst gaming online (planetside 2 and steam games)

i get horrific lagspikes for about 10-20 seconds then it settles down it happens for a while of about 5 minute intervals then will quieten down for a bit longer but It's really starting to become quite an annoyance.

My download speed is 5.7 according to speedchecker however my upload is only 0.15 Which seems really low Can nayone offer advice on what to do?

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
line state:Connected
Connection time:2 days, 02:28:01
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):10.8 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):36.8 dB / 21.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):1024 / 13
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):674 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):611 / 11
0 Ratings
65 REPLIES 65
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 66

Re: Slow speed whilst gaming? Any help

your stats look fine for 2+ days connected with max speed for an adslmax connection.  can you run btspeedtester and post the results please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
crd1993
Contributor
Message 3 of 66

Download speed 6.41

uploadspeed 0.05

latency 76.50

Whilst using teamspeak other pepole don't lag for me but i lag when trying to speak/use actions on games so im guessing my upload speed is the problem

i will also mention that im using a wired connection and my exchange is only one mile away

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 66

Could you please run the diagnostic part of the BT speed test also are you using a wired or wireless connection to your hub?

0 Ratings
crd1993
Contributor
Message 5 of 66

Im currently using a wired connection

And it says

Connection speed 8.13mb

Download speed 6.62

upload speed 0.36mb

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 66

these results look ok for an adslmax connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
crd1993
Contributor
Message 7 of 66

Thats what i don't get It doesnt appear to be the wiring from the exchange to my house but something inside my house thats causing the problem i looked at the Iterference tips and have now moved my router away from the phone and anyother electrical device just trying to rule out possabilities as i really am failing to understand how my latency on games is so bad.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 66

if you have now moved router away from electrical interference including the christmas lights then see how it goes tonight - mind you Santa's sleigh may interfere as it goes over your houseSmiley Wink

0 Ratings
crd1993
Contributor
Message 9 of 66

haha maybe but just hoping for anything at the moment really starting to become an annoyance am tempted to ring bt but not much they can do over christmas i guess
0 Ratings
crd1993
Contributor
Message 10 of 66

only problem is that it still says my upload speed is 0.03 which is in my opinion ridiculous on the bt speedtester
0 Ratings