cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Slow speed

I recently changed to Bt broadband. With my previous isp I was getting around 2.5mb download speed. I have the hh4 installed and initially I obtained a similar speed. I had a problem with the extention socket which resulted in the hh disconnecting several times. The socket is now as it should be but when connecting again the speed had droped to 0.80 mb with upload of 0.36. I have waited five days of connection to see if the speed increased, unfortunately it has not so far.  Any  help will be appreciated. I have added my adsl stats from the hh below.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:4 days, 23:57:34
Downstream:928 Kbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow speed

hi could you go to your hubs logs in troubleshooting and try and locate the connection speeds and noise margin figures as the HH4 only gives very limited information
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

the HH4 does not provide the usual adsl stats. was the hh4 dropping connection or were you manuall resetting to try and improve speed or combination of both until you found the problem with the extention wiring?  If that was happening the normal would be for your noise margin to increase and conenction speed decrease as the exchange tried to stabilise your conenction.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Hi, it was a combination of both, it proved to be a intermittant fault so I was turning off and turning on to try and connect until I found a bad connection which was good but then the speed had dropped to where it is now. There is so much information shown in the log I wouldnt know where to look for noise / speed etc.  Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

looking for something like this

09:29:54, 07 Jul.    ( 105.270000) DSL is up
09:29:53, 07 Jul.    ( 103.710000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
09:29:52, 07 Jul.    ( 102.800000) DSL line rate: 1248 Kbps upstream, 18951 Kbps downstream
09:28:58, 07 Jul.    ( 49.240000) WAN Auto-sensing running.
09:27:48, 07 Jul.    (23075.110000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Is this helpful?16:05:26, 04 Jul.
(133306.730000) DSL noise margin: 19.00 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
16:05:26, 04 Jul. (133306.660000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 928 Kbps downstream
16:04:56, 04 Jul. (133276.600000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

yes and it does show as I expected your noise margin is high at 19db as normal is about 6db.  as you have solved the problem causing the drops in conenction then I would contact the mods and ask them to reset your noise margin to 6db which will increase you conenction speed 

contact mods

can take up to 5/6 working days for mods to contact you

Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Many thanks for you help, I have just contacted mods, hope it helps.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

just a matter of waiting for them to contact you personally they will get the reset done for you