cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfj247
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Slow speeds/disconnections in Coventry area (02476)

For past 4 days I've been getting slow speeds and disconnections.

Phoned support got through to India (waste of time), and was told to ring back tomorrow because they had so many problems.

Anyone else in Coventry area having probs?

Luckily I am nearing the end of my contract so I think I will be off soon.

cheers,

Robin

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john_in_cov
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow speeds/disconnections in Coventry area (02476)

Yes, I have been having problems with disconnections. I am also 02476..., near Coventry city centre. It started about a week ago. There are periods when it is fine for hours then, eg yesterday evening. But this evening, I am losing the connection (including BB Talk) every few minutes. Raised the problem with support in India and have gone through the procedure of eliminating faults in my equpment but no further help yet - just asked me to monitor the connection and get back to them.

John

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6

Hi guys,

Is this problem persisting?

Can you confirm which Hub lights go off when you lose connection? Are you connected into the test socket?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
rfj247
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Yes still have disconnection problems although not as bad now.

The last time I got disconnected the hub was showing a steady orange b.

I have had broadband since early days so I have the filtered face plate.

An engineer has been out to rewire the main phone socket and fit a new filtered face plate.

He tested the line and didnt find any faults with it.

I have had two disconnections since then.

I called India who gave me the number of the network support team and a pin number.

I havent rung yet because the connection is working.

My neighbour who is with a different ISP is having similar problems so I dont know if there is a problem at the exchange.

We are both on the Binley exchange.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Ratings
john_in_cov
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Stephanie, problem persisted all yesterday evening. During disconnecction, on Voyager 220V router, BBV light was off and DSL light flashing. Yes, connected to the test socket. I spoke to India again during disconnections, they carried out tests and arranged for engineer to look into it Saturday PM. This evening, Friday, had no disconnections.
Thanks
John

0 Ratings
john_in_cov
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I am very unimpressed with this now, to say the least.

On the 27th Nov when an engineer was to look into it, I heard nothing at all.
Then there was a period without disconnections.
Then they were back, a burst of disconnections every couple of days, making it unusable
Bad again this evening.

Now I have seen on the website that the fault was "closed" on 30 Nov without contacting me at all!!!

Have spoken to India again and I was asked to contact engineering tomorrow on a different number with a PIN. Patience is running thin.

0 Ratings