I have purchased BT Broadband Inifinty and was told I would get speeds between 21-37mbs. I am only getting 8mbps.
Here are my details, any help would be greatly appreciated
Information for Helpdesk agents
When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1435016466
3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated 30/1/2015
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 5 days, 02:11:14
6. Data Rate: 901 / 8728
7. Maximum Data Rate: 966 / 10312
8. Noise Margin: 6.5 / 5.9
9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 25.9
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 240.2 MB / 6.9 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-CQGQ
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-CQGQ
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 18:83:bf:9b:1d:84
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)
Your results are below
The speed coming into your houseThe speed you get at your computerConnection speedGood
Connection Speed is the speed that your Home Hub communicates with the Telephone Exchange. This is sometimes called 'Sync Speed' or 'Line rate'. This is usually the maximum Speed your line can support for the broadband you're on.
Download Speed is the actual speed you receive at your computer at the time you ran the test. This speed can be affected by the number of people and devices using your broadband connection and whether you use a wired or wireless connection.
It was installed by an engineer into the main socket.
I've spoken to BT via chat and they have ran a line test and found at fault at the exchange, they are going to monitor over 24hrs.
I will update when they get back to me
That seems to be the stock answer from Customer Services. I suspect it is just to get you off the line and I'll be pleasantly surprised if you get a phone call tomorrow.
BT rang me this morning and ran a test on my line, they are sending an engineer out this wednesday to check the line