Message 12 of 20

Re: Slow speeds

No. You will need to go through Customer Services.7

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

update, had the engineer come this morning told him the problem he did some checks on my line at my end couldnt find any fault ,he went to cabinet and was checking that he was gone for a good hour when he came back he explained what he had done and that also he had spoke to the fibre team which he was told i have never had over 18mb so i showed him my results on speedtest.net which have all been saved showing around 27mb, so he brought up bt website that shows my guaranteed speed should be 18mb so i am lower that that. i also told him all my neighbours are all getting around 27mb. he also told me that up untill 200m away the speed is about 30mb download and 16mb upload and that my cable is aluminium. so iam still stuck at 17mb download and 5mb upload. is ther anything else that can be done

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

No. You can't change the laws of physics I'm afraid.

The aluminium is the cause for the lower than expected speeds.

As you're below the minimum you can leave the contract pentaly free, however, you'll not get a better speed from a different ISP as the physical network remains the same.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

It still does not explain why mine has been running for the past 3 years at 27mb then drops down to what it is now and that my neighbours are getting around 27mb

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

No answer to that then, I don't want to go elsewhere but something needs to be done about it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

Could very likely be crosstalk.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Just spoke to customer services and they have put me on the complaint procedure so hopefully we will get something sorted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

The only way to resolve it would be to change the aluminium section to copper.

Unless the alu is deeee faulty and beyond repair by Openreach, it won't get changed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Another update,I was told to phone up today to discuss about what the engineer had put in his report the bloke that answered was completely rude and put me through to technical faults and wanting to book another engineer's visit. The connection has dropped again this morning now I am down to 15mb

0 Ratings