Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigjohn1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Slow upload since swapping to BT

Go to solution

Hello,

Since i came over to BT from TALKTALK on the 15th of Feb this year,my upload speed has gone from

about 700k to less than 350k.

I do a lot of online gaming as as such i do value my upload alot.

I contacted BT 3 times and told thats the best they can offer even though i had better speeds with TALKTALK!!

Then someone at BT said i was not on a 20meg line and that i was on an 8meg line......now they deny this!!!!

All i want is a proper answer as to why i cannot have the speeds i was on with TALKTALK!!

Thanks john.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Slow upload since swapping to BT

Go to solution

it sounds like you are on adslmax up to 8mb whereas with TT you were on LLU up to 20mb,

check you modulation in the router and if 992.1 then adslmax

you can also check your exchange

check exchange here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats at 192.168.1.254 details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket   Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

It's because TalkTalk have installed their own 20M hardware at the exchange, but BT haven't got around to upgrading their equipment yet, so it's still limited to 8M (and 448k upload).

0 Ratings
bigjohn1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

i rang bt again.....

i was told i was supposed to be on 20meg line and they said sorry for the error.

they told me they would rectify this mistake but still waiting!!!!

i have never dealt with such people in all my life!!!

getting very annoyed now!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

did you check using the link I provided to make sure your exchange is 21CN enabled?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
Also your full hubstats and a full BT speedtest with the results posted back here would also hep us guide you in the right direction as to the coretcourse of action
0 Ratings
bigjohn1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Not using HH3 so cannot verify....will get them to send me one so i can try it....at least i will know for sure then.

cheers john.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
you should have had a hub sent when you came to BT broadband automatically
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

do you know if your exchnage is 21CN enabled? if not then there no way you can get up to 20mb connection

0 Ratings