cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nokian
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Slow upload speed on BT Infinity1 on FTTH(fibre to the home)

I am a new BT customer and have just got FIBRE TO THE HOME .  I ordered Bt Infinity 1, 38mbps download and 9.5mbps upload is what it said on the website and the paper work that i have printed off.  It has now been running for about 5 days and my dowload speed has been spot on (38.22mbps download) but my upload speed is only 1.89mbps.  I have rang customer support and all they keep saying there is nothing they can do, they only sale broadband by download speed and that there is no tests or anything they can do.

I have ran the BT WHOLESALE SPEEDTEST and this is what it says:-

Download speed achieved during the test was - 38.22 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20 Mbps-38.4 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.4 Mbps

AND

Upload speed  achieved during the test was - 1.93Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps

I am really not getting what i am paying for and hopefully someone on this forum can tell me why and what to do to get it fixed, as customer support i ring do not know any thing about this .

This seem odd that they do not ?

hope some one can help

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Slow upload speed on BT Infinity1 on FTTH(fibre to the home)

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete your number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

are you sure you have fibre to the home and not FTTC?

are you using a HH5 and an openreach box?

your upload speed is low as your package has a 2mb upload limit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Your upload IP profile is only 2Mbps which I believe would indicate that you are on a limited 20Gb package. Can you confirm if that is correct because if you are, you are getting near enough the correct upload for your package.

0 Ratings
nokian
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

yes i am sure that it is FTTH as BT brought a fibre cable direct into my house.

I am using a HH5 box with an openreach ( pic attached)fibre modem.JPG

I have done the speedtest at this website...http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

yes my upload is slow

my package is BTInfinity 1  38mbps downlooad and 9.5mbps upload , that is what i am paying for but not getting ???

0 Ratings
nokian
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

and here is a pic of my BT HOME HUB 5HH5.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

certainly FTTH connection.  you need to go back to sales or customer services as your profile is set at 2mb hence the lower than you expected upload speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

best to contact the FTTP sales team who would know more.

0800 587 4787
willowen100
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Sorry to jump onto a long thread. I noticed you've got an Openreach ONT. I'm trying to sort out my annoying internet which I think is a cause of bad modem. However, your modem looks slightly different to mine but is definitely an FTTP/FTTH model just like mine. Could you tell me what the model number is or any other information you could share from the sticker on the back? I'm hoping to contact BT and ask for a replacement ONT and possibly the same model as yours as it looks newer.

Many thanks

Will

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

The thread is over a year old and the OP has not been back onto the forum since then so you may not get an answer.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

That model is the huawei version. If yours looks different its probably the eci model. Both should work fine with no issues.
0 Ratings