cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjp
Beginner
Message 11 of 24

Re: Slow wireless speed with PS3

We have a 3 PS3s running wirelessly. On the hub 2 they were fine, when I moved to the hub 3 had loads of problems - solved the problem on the PS3 slims by switching the Hub to Wireless b/g rather than b/g/n. The old (fat) ps3 just doesn't want to work on the hub 3 properly, so have had to go wired to resolve the problem.

Paul

0 Ratings
kavin
Message 12 of 24

some times these games can be very heavy that is why there is low speed for your wireless ps3.

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Unfortunately, the wireless function of the PS3 is cheap, old and rubbish in all honesty.

I've had the PS3 a few feet from the router or in the next room and it was always poor. No idea why, even when it shows full signal it just never gets that level of throughput.

I ended up running 5 metres of cat5e cable in the end it was so bad.

0 Ratings
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 24

im getting 12mb on ps3, god **bleep** is it fast to download games

0 Ratings
tbarclay
Message 15 of 24

my PS3 is getting very slow speeds 1.3Mbps max, at the moment is is 700Kbps tried everything suggested in this thread (except use a wired connection) and nothing has actually worked. has anyone discovered an answer? My laptop is getting speeds of 37Mbps

0 Ratings
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 24

Change around the channels which your wireless goes through

0 Ratings
PeterBarrett
Beginner
Message 17 of 24

I have the same issue.  I have tried different channels with my PS3 and the best I can get is around 1MB, and even that is intermittent.  

If I run a cable through the house I can get 30MB, although my wife doesn't appreciate the trip hazard every time I want to download something at more than a snails pace.

So it seems it's either the PS3 that is the issue (I have an original FAT one), or the home hub.  Has anyone found a solution yet?

0 Ratings
NinjaZXR
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

It may be just wireless interference and the wireless on the ps3 isn't that great.

You could try using a program like inSSIDer to find the cleanest channel, and set the HH3 to use that.

0 Ratings
dilipok
Message 19 of 24

I think the problem is the HUB. Why do I think that? Because I have an xbox too, and whenever I try to connect to the internet it simply reduces the throughput on the router. In practice this means that if either of my conoles are connected I get less than 0.5Mbit on my PC. Everything is connected through wireless. All works well when i connect with a wire, but unfortunately it is not an option. So I decided to get a decent router to replace that crappy HH3.

0 Ratings
PeterBarrett
Beginner
Message 20 of 24

In my instance I don't think it was necessarily the Hub as my xbox is connecting fine.  (This is an elite with a wireless adaptor.) 

I recently traded in my old fat PS3 for a new slim and that now connects at 15MB, which is a vast improvement.  So in my case it seems as if it was either the old PS3 wireless was not working correctly, or a combination of the old PS3 and the home hub not liking each other.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings