cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Slowdown RM3 9NF (Ingrebourne)

Infinity speed tests in the evening are slowing , suggests backhaul congestion. I also think bt are throttling App Store downloads and updates on iOS. They are crawling along. I know BT service is to blame as if I switch to 4g mobile data there are no problems. App Store is being most strongly impacted.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slowdown RM3 9NF (Ingrebourne)

no evidence of any BT throttling of the App store here
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Ok, something is definitely up though. The store has sped right up just now but it was crawling most of yesterday and early evening today. The finger could be pointed at Apple but when switching to mobile data there is no issue it suggests bt. Other web services have slowed but nowhere near extent of App Store . It's strange. Wifi not the issue as both 2.4 and 5 ghz are same and I can stream wirelessly from internal NAS drives full speed
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

most likely a temporary network problem
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

It's gone to crawling speed again. Stuck between a rock in a hard place. Over on apple forum nobody else is chiming in to say they see same slowdown. So makes me think issue is with BT. But all other web services are fast, running a speedtest gives 50-55 mbit download result. So that suggests apple to blame. Totally frustrating

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

not the first time apple have had problems and not admitted it
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

It hit 10.45 approx and as if by magic the App Store downloads are back to normal speeds. It was same yesterday, around midnight all was back to ok after being slow most of the afternoon and evening. Still no closer to knowing who to blame, BT or Apple but it's clearly congestion related. My brother is not on same exchange (I'm Ingrebourne, he is Loughton) but he advises no noticeable slowdown on App Store. My gut feeling is BT are causing the issue with congestion on the back haul with some web data not as strongly affected as certain types but I hope I'm wrong - whilst I like the iOS devices I have a lot of contempt for apples greed , arrogance and unwillingness to admit issues (as John mentioned). I wonder if a moderator could put some pressure on wholesale to look into this?
0 Ratings