cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NAD9956
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Slower BBSpeed

I do have other extensions but the quite line test pased on these as well. 

I suspect something is wrong with the hub itself that causes it to keep re-setting and this in turn has now left me the lower speed profile. Current connection time on the hub shows that I haven't lost connection since yesterday afternoon but I've been there before. 

Not that I receive many calls on my hub phone but for some time now it's not been possible to receive calls.  I get a couple of rings before it cuts out and shows a missed call and sometimes it doesn't ring at all but comes up with a missed call.  To me this points to a faulty hub but of course the only way to be sure is to replace it.  If I stay with BT I will certainly ask for a new one.

As a last resort I'll try the moderators - at least then I'll explored avenues.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

your wiring of your extension sockets couuld be causing noise on your connection resulting in disconnections and the high noise and banded profile.  the normal way to find out is with the test socket but you are unable due to old master.

if  an engineer is called and that is the problem it is possible you could end up with a bill for £130.

If you feel confident disconnecting the orange bellwire on terminal 3 may help your problem - in all sockets

here is a link which explains 

http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
NAD9956
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Thanks, that might be worth a try - wouldn't lose anything by trying.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

if the bellwire is connected to all sockets you might find an improvement -  most do

as long as you are confident to do it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings