Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loveclose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Slower speed issue

Appreciate any fixes on this one.....

Been with BT Infinity for around 4mths now.

PC connected via ethernet cable, rather than wireless connection.

Estimated line speed when signing up was approx 32mb

Actaul speed on first days of use was aroudn 23mb.  Superbly faster though than the 1.5mb speed I'd originally been getting.

Now the speed has dropped to 17.5mb download speed - upload speed is steady on what it's always been, around 1.6mb

I was supposed to have been called by a bt engineer two weeks ago, but not heard anything yet.  Clearly I can re request the call, but if anyone's got anything they can suggest for a quick fix here, t'would be much appreciated!

And no posters saying 'be pleased with what you've got'!!!!!!!! (Tempting fate here I know...):smileywink:

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NinjaZXR
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slower speed issue

@loveclose wrote:

And no posters saying 'be pleased with what you've got'!!!!!!!! (Tempting fate here I know...):smileywink:

Your in the Infinity forum now, you wont get that BS here. Smiley Very Happy

Some of us here have suffered, some have had it smooth.

Are you infinity option 1 with the 2Mb upload ?

First thing to do is run the BT Speedtest to get your IP profile settings.

If you were quoted 32 then you should get a download speed near that figure not 30% lower.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slower speed issue

Well done on getting Infinity at all, I was going to say. I am concerned though at this speed drop. That happened with my current provider which was why I wanted to switch to BT Infinity in the first place. Maybe them not fulfilling my order is a good thing then!

0 Ratings