cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxjet
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Slower speed than speed test says?!?

Hello, I have become fed up with my internet service after the many months. I tried to switch to virgin media but sadly I live down a long lane with only 4 houses and they won't dig a cable all the way. So I'm stuck with BT. Recently and many times I do speed tests which tell me I have more than 11mbs download speed and 0.2mbs upload... But when ever I download something I always get under 1mbs?!?! I had plusnet and all come to my house to run tests but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me make my wifi a whole lot better?!?! I want those 11mbs download! (I'm with Plusnet but they rent BT lines I guess... And I pay for fiber but the fiber is like miles away from my house and the cable only runs like less that half a mile only to a stupid pub....)(my lane is on copper)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slower speed than speed test says?!?

Are you sure you are not getting your Bytes and bits mixed up - https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Technical-Glossary/td-p/1434070

check this his help which explains

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slower speed than speed test says?!?

if you are a Plusnet customer no one here can help you you need to use Plusnets own forum
0 Ratings