cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
springett
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Slower speeds than promised

Hi, I recently had Infinity installed after the new cabinet went live. The speed checker told me I could get 16-22Mb with a minimum of 14Mb download speeds. The first day it went live it was around 12Mb, but every day since then it's just been getting slower and slower and has stopped around 9Mb. This isn't worth the price increase compared to my old ADSL connection. The upload (which I use quite a lot) used to be around 1Mb with ADSL, with fibre it's disappointingly only increased to 1.1Mb. 

It's been nearly 3 weeks since my fibre service was turned on and I'm seeing no sign of speeds increasing to what is supposedly available for me. What is going on? 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slower speeds than promised

Is your home hub connected to the master socket or an extension socket?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
springett
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Master socket, yes.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Do you have any extensions around the house? Whether they're in use or not?

Regardless if you do or don't, you'll need to remove the faceplate from the master socket, and connect the hub into the test socket, located behind the faceplate.

Once you've done that, repost the connection stats.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
springett
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Faster sync speed, still a lot slower than it should be.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

What's your noise margin sitting at?
0 Ratings
springett
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

6.2 dB / 6.3 dB

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

You need an engineer visit.
0 Ratings