cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamie1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Slower than expected. Not too worried.

I would like to start by saying that I have been a BT customer for years, never had an issue and I am very happy with the service I receive in terms of the broadband. I am also happy with the support I get from both UK and India advisors. Never had a bad word to say about them.

I am not to worried about the issue I am experiencing, but I just wanted to ask the question to see if the Infinity trained Mods can shed any light on what may be causing the issue.

My Infinity 2 went live around 2 weeks ago with a predicted speed of 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up.

When I run a speed test at speedtester.bt.com I get told that my max achieveable speed is 46Mbps down and 9Mbps up. I know that this is incorrect as I usually get around 50Mbps down and 20Mbps with other speed testers. When I am downloading, I am often downloading at a rate of around 5.5Mbps (Equivilent to a 55Mbps connection).

Can anyone provide any advice on what I can do to check my connection?

This speed is seen when connected via Ethernet as well as Wireless. I have also changed between my old Hub 3 and my new Hub 3 with no improvement.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slower than expected. Not too worried.

What's your estimation when you put your telephone number into the BT Wholesale availability checker?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jamie1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

80.0Mbps download.

20.0Mbps upload.

I have just checked a few moments ago.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Perhaps an issue with your line mate. Request an engineer 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
jamie1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I will give the Technical Helpdesk a call tomorrow morning and see what they say.

0 Ratings