cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 51 of 60

Re: Smart Hub - 14 day re-boot cycle

That's pretty much what I thought.

DLM interrogates the hub daily and makes a decision to reboot which it sends to the hub based on the daily stats received. I doubt DLM would reboot a third party router that is not providing daily stats, but it may take the decision to put a Smart Hub on a 14 day reboot cycle if stats are poor but not bad enough to trigger an immediate reboot.

Must of the reboots I was getting were triggered by DLM and recorded in the TR69 log as such.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 60

@Technonerd wrote:
Well, it should be DLM's job, which monitors the line continuously, to send a resync/reboot command to the Hub, if the line profile needs changing.

my point is if it was happening for the reason you believe then rebooting at roughly the same time every 14 days is stretching it to assume the same amount of errors will accumnulate every 14 days and not only that but roughly the same time

I would add that my connection is rock solid with max speed 80/20 and a noise margin steady at 9.5db and the 14 day reboot just stopped all of a sudden with no changes

there is something causing DLM to trigger the reboot but I think it is more likely a fault/bug in the software

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 53 of 60

No, not dependant on a fixed number of errors, but the presence of errors not serious enough to cause an immediate reboot could instigate a precautionary 14 day reboot request? Only someone familiar with the DLM and Smart Hub software would be able to confirm one way or the other but it seems like a possibility to me.

Anyway, I think we've answered the OP's question, all Smart Hub 6s are not programmed to reboot every 14 days.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 60

Yeah, I agree with imjolly. If it was DLM, a resync would be initiated. What's happening on some Hub's every 14 days is a reboot, which would be Hub/firmware related. It seems oddly similar to what affects some HH5s.

14 days just seems too long to me, and for the record, my Smart Hub doesn't reboot every 14 days on firmware B522.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 55 of 60

Could not DLM trigger a 14 day reboot flag in the Smart Hub software?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 56 of 60

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 60

Very unlikely. DLM and router firmware are totally separate.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 58 of 60

What is my Hub having this conversation with every day and what data is being sent/received?

10:05:12, 15 Apr.CWMP: HDM socket closed successfully.
10:05:12, 15 Apr.CWMP: HTTP authentication success from pbthdm.x.x.x
10:05:12, 15 Apr.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
10:05:12, 15 Apr.CWMP: session completed successfully
10:05:12, 15 Apr.CWMP: HDM socket closed successfully.
10:05:12, 15 Apr.CWMP: HTTP authentication success from pbthdm.x.x.x
10:05:11, 15 Apr.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
10:05:11, 15 Apr.CWMP: HDM socket opened successfully.
10:05:10, 15 Apr.CWMP: Server URL: https://pbthdm.x.x.x; Connecting as user: ACS username
10:05:10, 15 Apr.CWMP: Session start now, server: https://pbthdm.x.x.x, Event code:
10:05:10, 15 Apr.CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 2 PERIODIC
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 59 of 60

Quick update.

My Smart Hub stayed connected for 5 weeks, but yesterday started to slow down drastically. I'm away for a few months so can't access the logs, but my IP security cameras were almost unusable. As I have the router plugged into a "phoneswitch" I was able to perform a power-off reboot remotely and ten minutes later it was back to normal with a new IP address.

Had I done nothing, I suspect it may have sorted itself out this morning, with a reboot, following it's daily chat with BT's servers, but it may have been put on a 14 day reboot regime?

All suposition of course, but it was clearly in trouble after 5 weeks and a hard reboot fixed it.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 60 of 60

Mine reboots every 14 days.

It is something to do with the hub itself as we know, at least on my end, that the ISP is sending a signal to reboot. But if using other modem/routers then this doesnt happen.

It's getting annoying too. It just crashed me out of a game that I'd worked on a quest for 3 hours. Luckily I could get back in. But its not good form.

0 Ratings