cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Smart Hub 2 Manager Port Forwarding is not working

Hi,

I am trying to port to portfording from Smart Hub 2 to my laptop for port 22. This was working fine when I started using the service and then I never used it. Now I am trying to re-use this functionality & it is not working.

Post forwarding is setup of TCP for port 22 and rule does show it's there in the Smart Hub manager.

When I try to test this from public network, my IPv4 Public IP never returns anything for port 22.

I am using BT Fiber to home solution, can someone please confirm why port forwarding is not working.

Thanks

Yasser

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Smart Hub 2 Manager Port Forwarding is not working

Testing from a public network will fail as it is done via ICMP request which BT hubs do not respond to.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

I am not using icmp I am using telnet to test and also tried ssh to the public IP both fails.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Is there an SSH server listening on port22 of the device you have forwarded the port to, if not the port won't be open.

If so, factory reset the hub, turn off smart setup and set up the port forward again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Thanks yes, my MAC laptop has ssh server and it's listening on port 22.
I will try to factory reset to see if this will solve the problem.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

@licquorice: Tried factory reset and switching off the smart setup still no luck. I have even tried disabling the firewall but I don't in the logs any incoming request.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

How are you trying to connect? To make sure it isn't a NAT loopback problem (although the SH2 does support it) make sure you are trying to connect via a 4g or other connection rather than via the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

@licquorice: Tried with 4G same results, I have tried even another port to check if this is port 22 which s causing issue. To me it looks like something is blocked by BT.
Here is my public IP, you can give it a try:
X.X.X.X

Port 22 and Port 8000 is forwarded to MAC laptop, SSH server listening on port 22 and nc is listening on port 8000.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Nope, no connection. Might be worth editing out your IP address before too many people see it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Deleted, already tried.

0 Ratings