Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Smart Hub 6 not working

Hi,

Someone please help - I've spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this.

A couple of months ago, our Home Hub 4 broke.  I knew it was the Hub as I tried a factory reset, different ADSL Filter and power supply, etc., and the service was apparently good otherwise.  After a couple of phone calls and several hours I was offered a Home Hub 6 as long as I signed up for another 12 months.  I went ahead.  In the meantime, I purchased a Home Hub 5 second hand to keep us going.

After a couple of weeks, the new Home Hub 6 stopped working.  More hours of my life lost and another Home Hub 6 was sent.  Last weekend, that stopped working so we have gone back to the second hand Home Hub 5.  Today, I took a deep breath, plugged the Home Hub 6 back in and phoned BT Help.  After an hour or so, I was told I would be called back.  I wasn't, so I phoned in again.  Yet another hour I will never see again later and I was told there was nothing wrong with the router - which was busy scrolling through its start up sequence again and again, and certainly not delivering any Internet or Wi-Fi - but, according to BT, there is nothing wrong with it.

So now we are back to the Home Hub 5 which I bought myself with a faulty Home Hub 6 which we signed up to a new contract to get.  I am not phoning BT help yet again so am thinking of cancelling the direct debit and seeing how long it takes for someone to phone me instead.

Any other ideas on how I might get what I paid for?  Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Alun

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Smart Hub 6 not working

only the help line can arrange a replacement hub cancelling your direct debit is a very bad idea as all that will happen is your service being restricted and your account being passed to debt collectors and damage to your credit rating
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Technically a breach of contract.  Is there no one that can help on here - no BT staff?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

The only breach of contract would have been you by withholding payment
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

As opposed to BT telling me they will replace a faulty router if I sign a new contract, then sending out faulty ones, to the point I have to buy my own and when I report the router faulty, BT say it's working - when it isn't?  I'll take my chances and it's the sort of story newspapers and social media love.  I'm not spending another moment on the phone to BT help, I've wasted hours.  I've done my bit, I have the faulty routers and I've got recordings of the calls.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

It is standard practice to supply a free of charge hub only if in contract or if a contract is renewed as the hub warranty ends when the contract period ends

did you try a factory reset of the hub using the pin hole at the back of the hub holding the switch in for 20 seconds
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Yes, I was at the end of the contract and they said I could have a Home Hub 6 to replace the orginal faulty one if I signed up for the next 12 months.  I have that phone call recorded too.  Yes, as per each phone call I have with BT Help, factory reset, different ADSL filter, even different power supply.  You'll tell me you are going call me back next.  Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

I certainly will not be calling you back as I like every one else apart from the forum mods are BT customers like your self
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Hence the smiley at the end of my post.

0 Ratings