cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 386

Re: Smart Hub (6 type A) Firmware update.

Go to solution

Why cant BT actually be made to actually answer the question regarding random reboots. Bear in mind it happens even with hubs on stable telephone and dslam lines. And is there any info as to hubs provided by sky and talktalk for example also have this TR69 and reboot issues?

0 Ratings
Message 192 of 386

Go to solution

Thanks for reply. I think the first issue is that BT have to acknowledge there is an issue which as you say they have never done. I pay around £6 or 7 hundred pounds a year for my service including phone calls etc. Imagine the scenario you buy a washing machine for £700 one off or a TV and the dealer says its really super duper but every Tuesday it will stop for about 5 mins and then suddenly start up again, should carry on from where it left off but might not, 7 days later  then stop again etc, would you buy it ?

Clearly there is a fundamental underlying issue in the BT network offering that it is cheaper to ignore than to fix.

0 Ratings
Message 193 of 386

Go to solution

Hello all,

The firmware on my Hub was updated to version SG4B1000E020 in the last couple of days, I hadn't noticed until now.

Let's see if it fixes the reboot issues, I suspect it won't as that has been going on for years without explanation of even acknowledgement that it exists.

0 Ratings
Message 194 of 386

Go to solution
Hi Magnetron not sure what issues the update is supposed to fix but certainly in my case 7 day reboot isnt one of them. I managed to get hold of a Type B hub so will try that at some point to see if it has the same inbuilt affliction.
0 Ratings
Message 195 of 386

Go to solution

Thanks Cicero,

I don't know what was included in the update either but let's see what happens.

Please keep us all updated on the Type B when you get round to using it.

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 386

Go to solution

Hi all have had a look at my stats since the update I think the only visible thing that has changed is that upload and download volume is to the nearest Gb. Don't understand signal attenuation at 40 looks a bit high but everything works ok, Ping is a bit high on testing . The logs are still almost 200 pages of messages and reboot interval is still 7 days at a random time.

image.png

0 Ratings
Message 197 of 386

Go to solution

I have had the latest firmware (E020) and I note that it has turned back on the BT WiFi hotspot without permission!

I went to my BT but can no longer find the 'turn off' option, it appears to have changed?

Can anyone help?

David

0 Ratings
Message 198 of 386

Go to solution

Hello David,

I just checked mine and there is an "Opt Out" button in the BT Wifi section within My Bt when I am logged in.

In my case I just leave it on as it causes no problems.

0 Ratings
Message 199 of 386

Go to solution
Hello Cicero,
So far I have found no obvious difference either.
All we know about the reboots is they are driven from the BT side and over TR069, but why is another question.
0 Ratings
Message 200 of 386

Go to solution

I do not have BT WiFi and to get to where you are suggesting needs an order?

"What's even better is you don't have to wait for your broadband to be installed before you can use BT Wi-fi - you can get online as soon as you have received your order confirmation!"

🤔

0 Ratings