Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Smart Hub 6 with Hikvision IP Cameras

Go to solution

Hi, new here, first post is always an ask for input so here goes...

Anyone else find that the IPv6 implementation LAN side makes their Hikvision IPv4 IP camera's unreachable? As soon as I disconnect the POE switch from the HH6, then they spring back into life...

Tried, IPv4 manual port maps, IPv6 pinholes, UPnP on with secure UPnP off & vice versa - nada.....

Did have them working briefly after a wan switch off, and looking at the camera's network config I could see IPv6 addressing auto populated also each camera route advertisement had entries, it lasted all of 10 minutes then back to no response from http or any IVMS4500 server ports.

Any input appreciated,

Walls.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smart Hub 6 with Hikvision IP Cameras

Go to solution

Welcome to the forums here. I've not heard of this particular hardware though it looks like you are very familiar with potential workarounds.

Googling for "Hikvision IPv6" brought up a post that seems quite similar:

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/hikvision-ds-2cd2532f-ipv6-probem.3976/

I'd suggest looking for later firmware and/or taking it up with Hikvision.

If this hardware is super important to you, then you could try a router that'd let you disable IPv6. Otherwise, you could change IP camera brand.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@walls

What is the exact model number of you camera(s)?   For example Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I and the HKIP420D are the cheapest ones I found in a quick search and the specifications of both say they support IPv6.

Is yours a rather old model?  Alternatively the hub or the POE switch may be iffy.

0 Ratings
walls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah I read that post too, not much on the problem out there really.

I had the same issue with the SKY router previously but had the option to turn IPv6 off LAN side and everything came back to life, so I'm of the opinion that the cameras don't like the implementation being used. Camera's are the 2032's which do support IPv6 according to their config pages.

I'd be happy to swap routers if I can be comfortable with a replacement that will allow LAN side IPv6 to be turned off, and be compatible with the BT TV / UHD etc.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I don't think you should need to turn off IPv6, the LAN implementation is fine.  The router just delegates one /64 to the LAN as is normal.  Most likely culprit looks like the Hub. 

I can't find any specific complaints about the cameras not working with IPv6.

As for a replacement for the Hub any router that supports IGMP snooping should fit the bill.

Asus, Billion, DrayTek are very good.  DrayTek are a tad expensive though.  They will let you turn off IPv6 if that is what you want.

0 Ratings
walls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Yeah it just seems strange that I had the same issue going on with the SKY SR02, and as soon as I turned IPv6 off LAN side it straightened out.

Got an Asus DSL-AC68U reserved to collect shortly, hopefull that should resolve and improve coverage over the HH6 too.

Thanks for your replies.

0 Ratings
walls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

So tonight I set the cameras to DHCP instead of Route Advertisement for their IPv6 configuration, and so far they've been running for a couple of hours. I'm not holding out but it shows they can operate with HH6 for the moment at least.

I've got IPv4 static addressing setup and the usual ports forwarded, and can access each camera externally, even internally actually which was a surprise as I was of the understanding that NAT loopback was a no no.

Noticed uPnP has added rules alongside my own forwarded ports too.

Very strange behaviour, but working (at the moment), and has saved me spending £140 on an Asus VDSL router at least for today...

0 Ratings
walls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Spoke too soon, lasted an hour or so then all gone again.

New router it is then.

0 Ratings
walls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Asus dsl-ac68u installed, updated firmware, IPv6 turned off - everything working fine.

Bye bye HH6.

Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings