cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub 6

So I've had the BT Smart Hub 6 for about 2 months now and before on the HH5 I was getting 79,999 download and 19,999 upload and maximum data rate over 20,000 something upload and 92,000 or around that mark for download if I could go higher. Anyway now on the HH6 I'm getting below what I was getting with the HH5 not a big problem, but now my max data rate is always below the date rate will this ever change back as when I checked yesterday I was at 24 days before I lost connection yesterday.

Many thanks Michael

Serial number:
+084319+NQ61825157
Firmware version:
SG4B100021EC
Firmware updated:
12/05/16
Board version:
Gui version:
DSL uptime:
0 Days, 17 Hours 12 Minutes 23 Seconds
Data rate:
20.00 kbps / 73.66 kbps
Maximum data rate:
24780 / 72295
Noise margin:
15.2 / 6.3
Line attenuation:
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:
0/38
Modulation:
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:
Fast Path

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 6

I think there is something seriously wrong with the HH6, at first it was alright with the WiFi but over time my sync speed has just gone down and down until the other day when my upload went from 19Mbs to 14Mbs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Smart Hub 6

I am having the same issue, ever sinced I renewed my contract & got the smart hub 6, I've had my download speed of 80mb/s cut down to 74mb/s even tho my max data rate is 84mb/s.

I tried switching back to my old setup with the Openreach modem but I'm still stuck at 74mb/s 😞

SmartHub6 Sync Speed.jpgOpenWRT Sync Speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@DannyBhoyyy

your connection speed has dropped due to an increase in noise margin most likely due to DLM  nothing to do with your hub 6 your hub is only showing a 19 hour connection time suggsting your hub has been dropping connection and it now needs a stabl connection for several week to allow the DLM to carry out its work and increase your connection speed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I just find it strange that my noise margin went up on the activation date my contract renewed.

The reason for the low connection time on my hub 6 and openreach modem is from switching between them.

My connection never drops and hasn't for over 2 years unless I've purposely switched modem.

I've always had the full 80mb/s download speed until recently.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

unless you constantly monitor your hub stats you cannot be sure there have been you cannot use the Openreach modem with the hub 6
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I don't use the Openreach modem with the hub 6, I use it with a Asus N66U Router, I swapped to the Hub 6 when I renewed my contract.

Now I'm currently sticking with the Openreach modem + Asus N66U combo, I'm hoping DLM will give me back my full 80Mb/s speed soon as I never had a problem with this setup in the past.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

you will need to maintain a stable connection for several week for the DLM to make any changes
0 Ratings