cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart Hub Connection set up query

Go to solution

Hi

I've received a new smart hub from BT before I disconnect what is working now it is more than my life is worth to interrupt internet access for too long! so I have looked at the set up book, a few you tube clips but I have a question.

When I first had infinity, (fibre to the cabinet not to the home) I was sent a white huawei echolife box that I had to plug into my master socket and then connect the hub into that, none of the videos or the instruction book mention the white box at all, do I still need it?  To be honest it's a pain as it meant at the time I had to rearrange all my electricals as the white box needs a power outlet as well as the hub.

My master socket has 2 ports one above the other, with the broadband going into the top and the phone going into the bottom one.

Any help gratefully received

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart Hub Connection set up query

Go to solution

No, you no longer need the separate modem, the later hubs are combined modem/routers. Just connect the broadband port on the master socket to the DSL port on the hub, job done.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart Hub Connection set up query

Go to solution

Fabulous, thank you, saving power, and I can reorganise all the plugs again, only down side to this is that a few weeks ago I bought cable wrap so that I didn't have to see the ugly cables that will be fun putting that on again.