cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m144had
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Smart Hub Constantly Drops connection to internet.

Smart Hub Constantly Drops connection to internet.

I Upgraded to BT Infinity 1 last year from Plusnet standard broadband and have had nothing but problems.

When I took out the contract, I received an email from BT saying that I would get a minimum of 35 MBBS download speed

In the 9 Plus months I have had the contract I don't think I have gone more than a day with a minimum of 35 mbbs, with speed usually around 15 and dropping to below 5 most of the time.

To date I have had 9 engineers visit my property, 5 being in the last 3 months. Each time being told the problem is sorted and everything is working as it should and each time having to take time off work to be home for the engineer.

I have also had 2 smart hubs, boht being as bad as the other.

The smart hub constantly drops connection to the broadband (Orange and flashing orange lights), with it dropping connection 4-5 times an hour at its worst.

Trying to get any sense what so ever from BT as to what is going on is like banging your head against a brick wall.

Would be very grateful if a moderator can contact me and sort this issue as I am at my whits end with this and have no more anuual leave left at work to be able to take time off for yet another engineer to visit.

Baring that I think its time to switch to another provider if this cannot get resolved (you would have thought 2 hubs, 9 engineers, hours on live chat and phone would have solved it by now)

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart Hub Constantly Drops connection to internet.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
m144had
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thank You

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 10

Hi @m144had

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your post. It sounds like you have been round the houses with this already so we would be more than happy to take a look and see what we can do. Can you send in your details by clicking on the contact link in my profile. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
lorddylord
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Sorry To hear that fella.

If they recommend the home Hub 6 or Smart hub declien the offer, I am on my 4th and that one has just given up post a restart.this issue is if you restart them they never reconnect to the Internet/broadband. Green and Orange flasjhing lights only.

The had me pay for an upgrade Router that after any restart fails to reconnect to the internet.

Luckily I kept my old HH5 and that has saved me numerous times now but with a WIFI enabled Smart home the loss of Internet is unacceptable and the changing of routers can cause large amounts of reconfig on numerous IOT devices.

This time though BT did admit on the chat support that they are aware of an issue where this affects the customers, i like you was thinking it must be a cabling issue to my home. He also admitted they are working on a Firmaware fix and that will be some months away. I will be sent a new one when sorted. However I should state an online chat with an India Service desk analayst did not fill me with confidence that I am registered  with BT to be getting one of these and also my request to be refunded for something not fit for purpose was met with sure they should, not a yes we will. I have saved the transcript but have nothing else from BT to admit this is even a known issue that I am in line to receive one once they sort the issue or that I will get my money back. and his advise was to stick with the HH5.

0 Ratings
m144had
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Message sent OlgaC

0 Ratings
m144had
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

lorddylord, I feel you pain, I have never been with BT before so had no choice but to have the smart hub. Been nothing but problems from the word go.

I was getting better speeds and connection on plusnet standard broadband for half the price.

Only so many engineers that can be sent, although Id like one more so that I can get into double figures, at which point I think I get a free set of steak knifes.

0 Ratings
m144had
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Neil

Thursday 30th march

Friday 7th April

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 10

@m144had I've booked in the appointment and an engineer will call tomorrow between 8am and 1pm. I'll follow this up with you on Friday.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 10

@m144had I've tried calling a couple of times this week but have been unable to reach you. My checks are showing your connection has been stable since the engineer visited last week. Can you post back to let me know if you're happy this has been sorted?

0 Ratings