Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikebrynsiriol
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub Firmware Update

Go to solution

I have a Smart Hub which is 8 months old and up until now has been working fine. I have two Humax set top boxes, four Android devices and a windows PC connnected. One of the TVs is a smart TV which is also connected. All connections via wifi. So far so good.

As of the 30th July the Hub was given a firmware update after which nether of the Humax boxes will connect to the hub. The PC and Android devices are still connecting but drop out a couple of times a day.

I have gone through the Broadband connection test and diagnostics on the smart hub manager and all appears to be OK - the fault appears to be internal beteen the hub and my devices.

I have gone on line and a BT technician was unable to find a solution. I have reset the hub and I have reset the Humax boxes with no change. I have connected the hub via an ethernet cable directly to one of the Humax boxes and it still will not connect. 

All suggestions most welcome

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
MrBusiness
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub Firmware Update

Go to solution

Yeah, I'm having similar problems.

It appears that since update the smart hub is forgetting all the port forwarding settings. and this may extend to UPNP which the humax boxes use to connect.

I have restored my portforwarding about 5 times now only to have the smarthub randomly erase them. Now none of my services work 😞

less than impressed with the testing of the update.

0 Ratings
Mikebrynsiriol
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your response. I agree that a firmware update that reduces the operability of the hub to mush is not really helpfull and should never occur in this day and age.

I'm not sure on the way forward other than to ditch the smart hub and revert to my trusted netgear kit.

I really hope a BT moderator picks up on this issue and either offers some advice or better yet reports it back to the boffins that came up with the update in the first place.

0 Ratings
Mikebrynsiriol
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

OK, did a reboot of the hub at midnight last night with no improvement. However this morning from 0600 hrs the hub is working perfectly well with all devices connecting automatically.

I haven't checked the event log yet to see if there has been a new firmware over night but it seems the screw up fairy has left the building!

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Mikebrynsiriol

Thanks for posting back to let us know the issue you were having is sorted.  Sorry for problems you guys have had.  

We've fed this back to our Hub team who are keen to get this investigated.  @MrBusiness Are you still having problems?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
MrBusiness
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Robbie,
My port forwards seem to have stayed overnight. But I haven't been too keen on rebooting the smart hub.
I also noticed that mucking about with DHCP address ranges erases all the port forwarding even if the address range is reduced subset within the current DHCP pool. Which really shouldn't happen even if the DHCP is outside the range.
0 Ratings
MrBusiness
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
PS, I just noticed that my smart hub is no longer connecting over ipv6. Ipv6 status reports "IPv6 network status: Disabled"
0 Ratings
greenkr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

When I first got my HomeHub 6 (February I think) I discovered it was no longer possible to connect with my (wired) HP 1505n network printer, either to print or to connect to the web interface. My HH was replaced (I had other issues too), and the new one worked OK with the printer. A couple of days ago, however, I found the printer was not working again. I have just noticed that the firmware was updated on 25 July to version SG4B1000B316. It was probably the first time the printer was used since the firmware update. Incidentally I can still connect to my Humax box OK! 

I have tried rebooting the hub.

Turning on the printer gives these entries in the event log:

15:38:03, 12 Aug.

eth1:IGMP group 224.0.1.60 on interface eth1 ended by 192.168.1.16

15:37:27, 12 Aug.

eth1:IGMP join received for group 239.255.255.253 on interface eth1

15:35:22, 12 Aug.

eth1:IGMP join received for group 239.255.255.253 on interface eth1

15:33:50, 12 Aug.

eth1:IGMP group 224.0.1.60 on interface eth1 started by 192.168.1.16

Is it possible to revert to the previous firmware?

0 Ratings