cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Smart Hub Gaming Xbox One

For the past few days gaming on my Xbox feels delayed/sluggish and just noticed my smart hub had restarted was fine before then the speed and all are great but something just isnt right.

Bt hub.png

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Smart Hub Gaming Xbox One

The Smart Hub seems to have a number of issues at the moment, but looking at what you posted your line is fine. You are syncing at the absolute maximum speed possible, and have 'spare' noise margin. Your line isn't interleaved either, based on the screenshot posted.

However, the information provided doesn't show any measure of latency, which would affect gaming. Have you checked to see what your latency is? You can do this using Command Prompt, or just use something like speedtest.net which will show it.

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Still have this problem with sluggish/lag when playing fifa i know this is the server im playing on in Ireland what i want to know is packet loss on the 3rd hop normal.

Here is also the bt hub stats

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

yes hop 3 is perfectly normal just a router set to not respond to pings all your latency issues are outside the BT Network
0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

@john46Thanks so its probably EA something looks wrong on this IP 159.153.72.22 it probably shouldnt be spiking that much i live around 200 miles from the server.

SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Still having big problems with this my bother living on the same street a few doors away with the same setup'' BT infinity wired and using the smart hub'' has no problems.

My gameplay is sluggish 99% of the time there is a massive difference between the both.

His 'First'' and mine.

5f8dde82069b2486e4931d067f8afee1.png

9d3a3535ddca74f67819ad8c7d5865bagregg.png

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

This is only getting worst and watching friends with the same setup and only yards away post clips of their gameplay im willing to pay out of my BT contract just to get rid of this. It has to be some kinda Routing or latency problem.

Is there any numbers i can ring that isnt someone telling me to restart my router etc.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

There is only the broadband help line number 08001114567

your problem is outside the BT network
0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Had my line reset from the exchange a few nights ago it made no difference.

Would a 10M Modem cable be to much to cause unplayable latency this is the cable i have been using have also tried cheaper one's but everything is the same. My Master socket is at the front door and i dont have a power socket next to it.

LINDY 10m RJ-11 to RJ-45 Modem Data Cable

0 Ratings
SJGBUFC85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Dont know if i can take this any longer even bought the tp link w9980 router/modem but something is seriously wrong with my connection even though the speeds are great. Fifa 2017 players are sluggish and being dragged around everymatch, dowloaded the new PES 2018 beta same players being dragged around everymatch. Only time i maybe get a decent match is resetting the router'' same as when i use any of BT homehubs'' but when the connection settles its sluggish gameplay again. Might just have to pay the hundreds to get out of the contract.

Xbox one is always wired and works fine on my brothers a few doors down. Have tried numerous of different wires.

0 Ratings