I've upgraded from an HH5 to a HH6 smart hub.
This week I decided to upgrade my old Mini 500 Extenders to the BBExtender 1000 (bought 2 kits of 2 extenders each).
My desktop PC works as expected - connects fine and correctly identifies the lan network as a BTHub6 whether connected by lan cable which in turn is connected to one of the BBExtender1000 adaptar or wirelessly. So all good there.
However my laptop identifies the network correctly as a BTHub6 on the wireless connection but as BTHub5 when connected via a lan cable which IIRC is the same ID as my old HH5????!!
At first I thought it was something to do with the new extenders so decided to connect my laptop via ethernet directly into the back of the router so totally bypassing the extenders.
What am I doing wrong? Tried the factory reset on the hubs, factory resetting the extenders and all sorts of other messing but can't get my laptop to replicate the correct behaviour of my desktop PC.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Does it matter? You know what you are connected to. If you are that bothered, just rename the connection in the Windows network connections.
Whilst I appreciate you can do that I'd rather know why its happening and fix it properly.
It's because as far as Windows is concerned the ethernet connection is going to the same place as before. As in still going to 192.168.1.254 so the original remembered connection still works so Windows is happy.
Solution is rename it.
I've managed to sort it - thank you for your pointers.
When I went into the network and sharing centre I clicked on the bench icon to rename it but noticed there was also merge and delete hyperlink too so as well as renaming it I mergedit with the wireless version so it behaves just like my desktop pc ie. I can connect/disconnect the ethernet cable and it switches over.
I'll see how it goes on tomorrow and let you know how I get on.