Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub MAC access control

Go to solution

Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

I want to limit access to the WiFi on the HH6 to certain MAC addresses only but cannot seem to find an option.

Thanks

Richard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub MAC access control

Go to solution

@slogger wrote:

Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

I want to limit access to the WiFi on the HH6 to certain MAC addresses only but cannot seem to find an option.

Thanks

Richard

You would need to actvatee the BT Access control function to stop access to your own devices, but there is no MAC filtering as such.

MAC filtering does not provide any security, as MAC addresses can be easily spoofed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Indeed they can be spoofed but unless you know exactly which MAC you want to spoof it's a bit hit and miss,  10 to power of lots!

I was hoping it would provide this level of access control like my other access points but no matter. Thanks for the response.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@slogger wrote:

Indeed they can be spoofed but unless you know exactly which MAC you want to spoof it's a bit hit and miss,  10 to 

Its just a case of using a certain wi fi scanning tool, and identifying an existing device which is already associated with your home hub. Then simply cloning it.

You would of course, still need the wireless password to associate your device with the home hub.

A good wireless key is the answer to connection security.

0 Ratings