cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub Random Disconnects

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with my new Smart Hub w/ Infinity 1 disconnecting at random at least once a day. The blue light will turn to a flashing orange and then a stable orange before going back to blue and staying connected. It can stay blue and fine for nearly all of the day, but at other random times it will disconnect. Could be morning or evening. The hub is going into the master socket. About 3 weeks ago we had an engineer out who fitted a new master socket, and before that we reported a line fault. BT said the line would be a little unstable for the first 3 days but it was fine for a week or so after that. It's really annoying and I need a steady internet connection for work. Help would be much appreciated, thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub Random Disconnects

Can anyone help?
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Smart Hub dropping connection at random

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with my new Smart Hub w/ Infinity 1 disconnecting at random at least once a day. The blue light will turn to a flashing orange and then a stable orange before going back to blue and staying connected. It can stay blue and fine for nearly all of the day, but at other random times it will disconnect. Could be morning or evening. The hub is going into the master socket. About 3 weeks ago we had an engineer out who fitted a new master socket, and before that we reported a line fault. BT said the line would be a little unstable for the first 3 days but it was fine for a week or so after that. It's really annoying and I need a steady internet connection for work. Help would be much appreciated, thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Re: Smart Hub dropping connection at random

Hi @AngelicJ84,

Thanks for posting. I moved your latest post to this thread so we have all the details in one place. Can you try a quiet line test by connecting the phone to the test socket and dialling 17070 option 2? If there's noise on the line you can report that by calling 151. If it's all clear can you drop me over an email with your details and I'll run a few checks on the connection for you? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi David,

Thanks very much for replying. I contacted BT last night using the live chat. They said the line from the exchange was fine, they reset the line and they got me to change the wireless settings on the hub from Mode 1 to Mode 2. I have smart setup turned off and the wireless bands split, too. They said to give it 7 days. If after a week it's still happening, can I do the quiet line test then and get back to you? Afraid of interefering with it because there haven't been any problems so far this morning.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

It just dropped out again, typically after I said there were no problems, haha. This time it was at the same time a phone call came through. Shall I give it 7 days or shall I run the quiet line test later and send you some more details?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I got the master socket off and have run a quiet line test and there's just a really quiet hum, other than that there's no noise. It's still dropping out at random times and has happened 6 times today. I sent an email under the contact the mods in your profile, David. Thanks once again for helping.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

What was the fix for this?
0 Ratings