Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extankerman
Contributor
Message 41 of 47

Re: Smart Hub & Whole Home WiFi

Go to solution

If any Moderators are still monitoring this. I have reviewed the BTShop's return policy, which does not cover the case of a product that fails to meet expectations and is clearly not yet fit for purpose. Exchanges on this forum and with Product Support have been going on since three days after I took delivery of the WholeHome system but this now puts me beyond the 14 days quoted for defective kit. Curiously, my latest email to product support has yet to be answered.

Surely, as a redipient of what is supposed to be a simple (smart) system, one should not have to be messing around with MAC and IP addresses. It's supposed to be compatible with all routers and, by inference, such popular systems as AirPlay.

It looks like I'll have to make a case for 'not of merchantable quality'.

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 42 of 47

Go to solution

If you contacted Product Support about the defective kit within the 14-day period you mention, the fact that they drew the process out beyond the end of that period instead of providing an immediate remedy does not seem to make any difference to your position. You complied, they prevaricated.

But in any case, that "14-day period" probably has no basis in law whatsoever in respect of defective kit. There is a short legal "cooling off" period during which you can change your mind about engaging in a contract, but that is unrelated to fitness for purpose of physical products. Products are covered by the full 1-year period of statutory product warranty.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 43 of 47

Go to solution

Hi @Extankerman,

I'm sure we can get this sorted for you. I'll be in touch shortly.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 47

Go to solution

If you are still within 30 days of purchase you can reject faulty goods under the Consumer Rights Act and ask for a full refund

0 Ratings
Extankerman
Contributor
Message 45 of 47

Go to solution

Thank you, @DavidM. Forces are clearly at work, as ! have had very satisfactory contact with Product Support and a nice young lady at the BT Shop 'Returns'. The WholeHome is being collected by Parcel Force tomorrow for a refund.

It is a great shame that the system was released with promises that it could not fulfill. Quite apart from my connectivity issues, it would seem obvious that people in need of such a system might want more coverage than a standard router can provide and may, therefore, have larger houses than average. It would not be surprising if folk wished to add more discs but I gather that is not possible at the moment. 'Whole Home' it certainly is not.

A good point to mark this matter resolved!

0 Ratings
Wjs001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 47

Go to solution
Bt whole home wifi does not rely on the signal from the hub. It creates a new network. Just for the record.
0 Ratings
robertsavidge
Beginner
Message 47 of 47

Go to solution

@Extankerman wrote:

Well, still not quite there! All devices connected to the WholeHome WiFi now work OK, with the exception of the BeoPlay A6 wireless speaker, which does not like to connect to the WholeHome WiFi and often drops the connection. I recently changed to a new SmartHub, which those nice people at BT sent me before Christmas, in attempt to solve the other problems that I was experiencing. This was a last resort to fix the A6 problem, as everything else had sorted itself out by the time I returned from my Christmas break.

The new Hub gives a slightly stronger signal than the previous one but otherwise, the connectivity issue, with the A6, via the WholeHome WiFi, remains.

I wonder if anyone reading this has tried to AirPlay through the setup that I have (SmartHub with Wireless off, connected to WholeHome system) and in particular, if they are doing so using a Bang & Olufsen product.

Not sure if this reply really helps, but I have a Beoplay A9 and had a whole lot of trouble with it dropping out on my BT home  hub, I contacted my local B&O shop and they sent their installation engineer and advised I changed the router to a Linksys one that had been lab tested by B&O and gave the best results, we live in a fairly big house 15 rooms and get wifi in them all and athe A9 is stable with no drop out on Airplay and Spotify connect

0 Ratings