cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart Hub and Printer connection problems

Since getting the new smart hub I have major problems trying to print. When printing it no longer wakes up the printer I have to do that manually. The print fails to find the printer and takes 3 or 4 attempts to find the printer. When printing it is exceptionally slow. I can write faster. I have removed the printer drivers and software many times and reloaded them from scratch. I have the lastes drivers. I have checked the printer IP adress and it is the same in the driver, the printer and on the hub.

Also the internet connection drops out regularly and even goes slow. But this may be a seperate problem. I would go back to my old router but BT put a recycle envelope in and I foolishly sent my old one back.

Any one any ideas? Thanking you in antisipation.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart Hub and Printer connection problems

Is your internet dropping going slow on wireless devices only, or is it happening on cabled connections also?

If the issue is only seen on wireless devices then you may need to separate your wireless frequencies to improve connectivity within the house. This could explain why the speed is slow or dropping and also the printer is having issues.

To separate the wireless frequencies;

- Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub manager

- Click Advanced Settings

- Click Wireless

- Enter the admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, you'll find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub. If you have changed it and now forgotten it, you can use the password override feature to set up a new password without losing all your personal Hub settings and configuration

- Change the separate bands switch to On. By splitting your network, you'll create a second visible network name for the 5GHz band. The new network name will have a "-5" to show it's for the 5GHz band

- Remember once you make any changes you will need to save them. Click Save

Basically in a nutshell the 2.4ghz is better for range, 5ghz is better for speed but needs direct line of sight. Sometimes if both are running together devices can get confused and drop or slow down.

Try that and best of luck

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart Hub and Printer connection problems

Thanks for your reply. I have seperatyed the chaneels but still the same. The drop outs are across both cable and wifi. My main problem is difficulty connecting to my printer since getting the new smart hub. It is a wifi connection. My wife's PC/printer works ok.

Regards

John

0 Ratings