cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjgray69
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub can't cope with lots of connected devices

I had a number of friends and family round on Boxing day and once everyone had arrived; and was connected (circa 12 devices + the 15 devices I've got at home - though not necessarily being used), the Smart Hub crashed and the steady orange light then came on.

I then spent the next 3 hours trying to getting it to work; all to no avail. It either worked for about 30 seconds, or kept trying to reboot. It got to the stage where I had hard wired the PC into the router and still couldn't even connect to the hub itself.

Once most of the people had left, all of a sudden it started working again and has been fine ever since.

Has anyone had this kind of issue before; is there anything I can do or do I just have a duff router?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub can't cope with lots of connected devices

Do you have "smart set up" turned off on the Smarthub. If it is on each user who connects to the hub has to either accept or decline its message. If they don't it can cause problems.

Most mobile devices do not display the message unless they open a browser when first connected.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@cjgray69 wrote:

I had a number of friends and family round on Boxing day and once everyone had arrived; and was connected (circa 12 devices + the 15 devices I've got at home - though not necessarily being used), the Smart Hub crashed and the steady orange light then came on.

I then spent the next 3 hours trying to getting it to work; all to no avail. It either worked for about 30 seconds, or kept trying to reboot. It got to the stage where I had hard wired the PC into the router and still couldn't even connect to the hub itself.

Once most of the people had left, all of a sudden it started working again and has been fine ever since.

Has anyone had this kind of issue before; is there anything I can do or do I just have a duff router?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can't really give you an answer but 15 is the most number of devices that have ever been listed on my smart hub at any one time ( people visiting plus our own devices) with probably not more than 6 or 7 ever being used at the same time. The hub has coped with this. 

0 Ratings
cjgray69
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks. I'd spotted that from another posting so I've now switched this off. I didn't know about this functionality before so no-one would have gone through it.

Will keep an eye out for next time I get people round!

0 Ratings