cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub caused reduction in Infinity 2 Speed

I received a Smart Hub in Jan and it ran ok for the first couple of weeks giving me stable speeds of around 70Mbs.  After 14 days however it began to regularly lose connection so I replaced it with a TP Link VR900 that I had kicking around.  The internet has been completely stable since then but I can only achieve mid 50s Mbs speed and when i check on the BTW Performance Test it states "IP Profile for your line is - 58.01 Mbps"  Has the Smart Hub irrevocably changed soemthing as I have been using the VR900 for 3 weeks now and it is rock solid.  I'm loathe to try the Smart Hub again until better reliability is reported.  

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub caused reduction in Infinity 2 Speed

If the hub was causing the connection to drop then the Dynamic Line Management software has likely limited or "banded" the circuit in an effort to improve stability.

Leave it alone and the speed should return in time.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

How long do you think I will need to wait? I removed the Smart Hub 3 weeks ago. It is very frustrating as the problem appears to have been caused by the unreliability of the Smart Hub. 

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Can be anything from days to months.

Can you post the connection stats from your router including the attainable rate, and the noise margin.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Webby thanks for your help.  I clearly would be very diosappointed to have to wait months!!!

These are the stats i get from my TP Link VR900.  I think sparse stats is one of the limitations of that router but at least its stable!!

Line Status: 
DSL Modulation Type: 
Annex Type: 

Upstream Downstream

Current Rate(kbps)1999960000
Max Rate(kbps)2434976630
SNR Margin(dB)1510.2
Line Attenuation(dB)11.58.4
Errors(pkts)1030
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Yep, you've been banded to 60meg. Time is all you need I'm afraid.
0 Ratings