Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnStewart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub - new firmware enabled but wifi with fon, despite opting out

Go to solution

My smart hub updated its firmware a few days ago, but I only noticed today that it has enabled the bit wifi with fon wireless network. This is despite me having opted out as the parental controls don't apply to this network.

any idea how to switch it off? I have checked the status of my bt-wifi/fin and it is still opted out.

One of my sons for who we have implemented parental controls now has unlimited internet access courtesy of the bt-wifi app on his phone configured by one of his friends 😞

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub - new firmware enabled but wifi with fon, despite opting out

Go to solution

@JohnStewart wrote:

One of my sons for who we have implemented parental controls now has unlimited internet access courtesy of the bt-wifi app on his phone configured by one of his friends 😞

Try opting in and then opting out again.

If it is your password he is using to access bt-wifi, just change it or if it is his friends parents password, ask them to change theirs. If it is the latter, I doubt they would be very keen that their son is passing on their password to all and sundry anyway. Only the primary account holder password can be used on BTwifi.

If they require their offspring to have access, they can configure his/her app with the password without telling him/her what it is.

0 Ratings
JohnStewart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
It's not my password he is using to connect (opted out anyway so it wouldn't give access), but one of his friends. Not sure if it was the parents or their son that entered the password.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

As posted earlier, try opting in and then out again. He'll still have access to other hotspots though.

0 Ratings
JohnStewart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I forgot to post an update for this one. Opting out again didn't work on its own -  waited 48 hours and still enabled.

i had to opt back in, save, then a few hours later I opted back out and the next day it was finally switched off.

0 Ratings