cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hj8008
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Smart Hub repeatedly dropping Fibre Broadband link

A couple of months ago I switched to BT Fibre for Internet and BT TV services. I have the Smart Hub. Over the last week I have experienced multiple failures of the Fibre broadband connection with lots of yellow lights on the hub. This is happening regularly during the course of the day (every day). Sometimes the Hub restarts and stabilises for a short period of time, but the service fails again each time.

I logged a fault on Sep 1st with BT and have been through countless restarts of the Hub; I have had my line refreshed by BT phone and chat care staff; I have done a factory reset of the Hub as instructed by BT staff. These have only resulted in immediate term stabilisation of service, which then fails again afterwards. So I am now at 11th Sep and would like a permanent fix of this issue please. I am not a newbie internet user having had setups with a number of other suppliers, but none where I have experienced the number of sustained outages as with this shiny new BT Fibre service.

(Obviously) I would like this fixed as my internet and TV services are both carried by the Fibre link and I will not pay indefinitely for a service that doesn't deliver. Please assist - I look forward to a solution. 

Many thanks!   

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 5

Re: Intermittent dropped broadband connections

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

hj8008
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Smart Hub repeatedly dropping Fibre Broadband link

I have now tried the quiet line test with the phone in master test socket with everything else disconnected. I get quite a bit of intermittent crackling (sometimes v. loud) on repeated tests. This crackling is also v. audible when I make standard landline phone calls.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Call 151 and report a noisy line fault. Don't mention broadband issues.

Once the line fault is cleared, the broadband issues will go with it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
hj8008
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you Webby. I have them booked in to come and check the line this week. Hoping that will be the solution, we'll see. Hopeful Smiley Happy

0 Ratings