cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub (type A) and hybrid connect compatability

Hi,

I'm asking this question for a friend who has a Smart Hub type-A and needed to extend WIFI coverage to a far part of the house which has thick stone walls that mean the Smart Hub's own signal is weak in places.

BT have sent out a 'Hybrid Connect' extender but I am not convinced these two devices are compatible?

Plugging the Hybrid Connect into a free ethernet port gets the Hybrid Connect light to go steady blue and I can see it in the Smart Hub 'connected devices' page.

However, if I disconnect the  ethernet cable even with the Hybrid Connect adjacent to the Smart Hub the light just flashes blue then eventually flashing green.

My question really is - does the Hybrid Connect need a Smart hub-2 to work without a cable between the two?

Thanks for you help.

norman

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub (type A) and hybrid connect compatability

Hybrid Connect isn't a WiFi extender, its a 4G fallback modem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Are you sure you don't mean the black Complete Home WiFi disc? If so, then yes, you need a Smart Hub2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for that - then the BT person didn't fully understand the requirement as all that is needed is to increase coverage of the existing WiFi, there isn't a need to fall-back to 4G.

It's definitely not a black Complete Home WiFi disc - it's 100% a 'hybrid connect' device the same device as shown being connected to a Smart Hub-2 in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glyn07HodTQ

Is there a solution to extend WiFi from the current Smart Hub-A without running cables or using powerline adapters (I would try a powerline extenders but the power to that part of the house is not on the same supply as the feed to the Smart Hub.)

Cheers,

norman

0 Ratings