Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 30

Re: Smart Talk update on android today

It can be slow at times:(

How long have you left it to load?

You could try pressing the F5 button....

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 30

@imjolly wrote:

I bit the bullet (after reading AQ fiasco) and updated the smarttalk app - worked without a hitchSmiley Wink

Hmm, so one wonders if those with failed updates have a (new) mobile carrier/supplier restriction (they're losing too much money from those not topping up) or a mobile network issue (3G/4G) or a phone OS (android/apple) issue or a phone brand issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 30

DS

"It can be slow at times:smileysad:

How long have you left it to load?

You could try pressing the F5 button."

Left it running for over 10 minutes and also on my laptop...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 30

@wunay wrote:

Left it running for over 10 minutes and also on my laptop...

How is your laptop connected to the hub?

If you are connected by wifi, try ethernet.

Tried mine after you posted the above and mine took no more than 2 mins to get to the active user section.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 30

DS

PC connected by ethernet cable and laptop by wireless

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 30

@wunay wrote:

DS

PC connected by ethernet cable and laptop by wireless

Ah, I wasn't sure what you meant earlier about left it running for 10 mins and also on your laptop, but I get it now.

(you've tried 2 methods and both fail:()

Don't really know why yours won't load and mine does. As I mentioned a few posts up, it can be slow at times.

You could either leave it and try it later or contact BT via live chat and see if they can sort your account out - https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 30

DS

Subsequently spoken with BT SmartTalk with regard to removing Smart Talk from my account and they have done so from their end. When I spoke of the continuous circling on the MyBT page they indicated that I should leave it for 24 hours and see if it solves the problem. I would have expected that they could at the same time as removing the Smart Talk account also corrected the continuous circling, but.........

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 30

SmartTalk and MyBT rely on different fingers in BT. It's possible to bypass MyBT to get to some elements of it (eg BB Usage Monitor). In theory this link should take you direct to SmartTalk; worth a go but don't hold your breath as it doesn't work for me.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 30

@wunway. At least it's now gone.

@PP. Erm, that link gives me

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 30

@DS wrote:
@PP. Erm, that link gives me
Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Same here; that's why I put a caveat with the suggestion. In BT's world there is often inconsistency between customers - what goes for one doesn't necessarily go for all. The link was produced in the same way as other shortcuts which do work and I thought it was worth a try - if you don't go, you don't know.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings