Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Smart Talk

Go to solution
Problem with setting up Smart Talk. The app asks you to insert your landline number so that you can receive a call and get a code. I have a BT8500 phone which has Call Guardian and this blocks the call. No number is displayed so you are unable to allow the call. What to do about this? Please help.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Smart Talk registration

Go to solution
Problem with setting up Smart Talk. The app asks you to insert your landline number so that you can receive a call and get a code. I have a BT8500 phone which has Call Guardian and this blocks the call. No number is displayed so you are unable to allow the call. What to do about this? Please help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: Smart Talk

Go to solution

Buy a cheap (less than £5) corded phone, and use that for the setup. Its always useful to have one anyway, in case of a power cut.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you Keith

Now why didn't I think of that!

sam 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Could you not tem disable call guard?

Alan
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks Alan
I should have tried that.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

d/loaded smarttalk app got security no and pin no last step will not load comes up with unexpected error any idea's how to resolve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @lamonto is it the same error as this ?

Do you also get the error that your calls are with another provider then logging onto myoffer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

only provider is BT. the screen says "unexpected error"  thats it no explanation. been going on for 2 weeks with repeated tel calls to BT to try and sort prob. Iphone set up correctly, must be a fault at BT's end

0 Ratings