Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clicket
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Smart hub access controls

Hi,

I'm aware of the firmware issue which is causing access controls to not work.

looking for some more detail on this.

What is the current version of firmware?

Is there anything I can do to get access controls working while we wait for a firmware update?

Can BT tell us when this issue will be resolved?

Any help or advise gratefully received!

Thanks,

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Clicket
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart hub access controls

Anyone have any help / thoughts on this please?

0 Ratings
RobertM
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

The current issue I have is  SG4B10002244 dated 16th December 2016.

As far as I am aware it is the latest version.

I have no trouble with accessing any of the the SmartHub controls by connecting from any device on the network to 169.198.1.254

I can access via ethernet or wi-fi on either band, I can access and adjust all controls on my iPad, iPhone, Macbook or iMac. Also via the wife's Toshiba Windows 10 laptop.

Also I can access via my HH5 which is connected via powerline adaptors as a remote access point with a fixed IP which in my case is 192.168.1.55.  Plus I have a Apple Airport Express hardwired to the SmartHub via an unmanaged Gigabit switch again this is configured as a wireless access point. Connecting via the Airport Express either ethernet or wi-fi I can access any of the SmartHub controls with no problem at all.

The SmartHub is also running BT WI-FI on both bands.

What access problems are you having? How are you connecting?

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

hello,

i seem to be having the same problems whereby the setting for the access control on the HH5 seem to disappear of change themselves for no apparent reason, i am now on my third HH5 since july last year, my current HH5 is only a week old and back to its old tricks again!

i am tired of having to check, reset and repeat everyday as the kids dont seem to want to tell me when they have constant net access.

i am going to ring the complaints line again as i dont think its unreasonable to expect the BT equipment to function as it should!

my firmware info :Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 15/06/16

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Is it possible that your kids are either resetting the Homehub or are accessing the management pages and turning the access controls off.

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

hi GG30340,

no,

i set the access controls this evening, went back an hour later whilst having used the PC all this time, (router on my desk) and it had deleted some and changed the time on the others!

this is defo a HH issue for me, i still have no2 HH5 under my desk as i havent had time to send it back yet 😞

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Obviously you know your kids and fair enough if you are sure that they are not accessing the management pages but just in case you were not aware, access to the Homehub can be done from any device that is connected to it as long as you have the admin password. You don't have to be physically beside it.

Really strange it setting different times and deleting some of the settings. Sorry I can't be of any help.

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for the suggestions,

i think i will have to go back to the complaints dept again as although the connection is solid the equipment is just **bleep**, would a HH6 be any better or does this uffer the same problem?

thanks

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Do not get a HH6. Have a look through the forum for the problems it has!

If you want to spend money you should get a decent third party VDSL Modem/router. They start in price at about £30/£40.

They will all offer access controls but you should check out the specs of them to make sure what one will meet your needs.

0 Ratings
v3burn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

thanks,

just to rule of meddling from the kids i have change the password, shame about HH6 as i thoguht that might sort the matter.

have you any recommendations for a good all round Router that gives access control etc?

i might have to invest in my own stuff as the BT stuff is just causing more problems.

thanks

0 Ratings