Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westy1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Smart hub connceting to wifi extender issue

Can anyone help me out please? 

Last May I bought a Wi-fi extender 300 for my BT infinity hub as directed by BT and all was good. Bt have now advised me to upgrade to the Smart Hub, which I have done and I can't get my wifi extender 300 to conncet to the Smart Hub. 

Also; My BT infinity unit was great all around my house with full signal, I had the smart hub for the garage as it was right on the edge of the wifi signal. The Samrt hub is supposed to have the best signal and we can't get a signal from it unless we are in the same room as the hub! Is this what you call the best signal??? 

Can anyone advise please?

Westy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart hub connceting to wifi extender issue

If your "old" Homehub was working the way you wanted you should just go back to using it. There is no great advantage to using the Smarthub and many would say there are many disadvantages to using it.

If you do want to keep using it you should factory reset your Wifi extender then try and make a new connection to the Smarthub.

0 Ratings
westy1
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart hub connceting to wifi extender issue

thanks for the reply.
Since writing this we have had so many issues with the smart hub. It really is bloddy awful! And they charged me £9 for the delivery of it.
Typical BT!
0 Ratings