cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zobbo
Contributor
Message 41 of 56

Re: Smart hub keeps restarting

Yes, I think the DLM theory is correct. The data rate improved by a mb or so.
0 Ratings
dnpark38
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 56

Glad DLM is going to increase the speed but it as never in all these years increased mine for me downwards only.

0 Ratings
zobbo
Contributor
Message 43 of 56

Yeah when I had the original Type B the data rate never changed despite resetting almost every day. The Type A was faster as soon as I plugged it in and seems to have adjusted upwards. I'll need to see what it does in 14 days since I've only had to it for two weeks. The line engineer said it was a really good line and it's close to the exchange.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 44 of 56

It doesn't matter how near or far from the exchange you are with VDSL. It is the distance from the cabinet that's important.

0 Ratings
zobbo
Contributor
Message 45 of 56

Oh well, the uptime is down to 2 days. So it looks like it's resetting every few days again. It originally reset on the 4th, and must have reset on the 7th around midday. Back to square one. Time to dump the smart hub I think.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 56

if you cannot maintain a stable connection then you can always try the tplink 9970 and see if it helps and if from argos you can always take it back within the 14 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
zobbo
Contributor
Message 47 of 56

I was looking at the
ASUS DSL-AC68U AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless one. Looks decent.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 56

expensive but is dual band as against the £30 for the tplink 9970 single band

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
zobbo
Contributor
Message 49 of 56

Well, I just connected my Asus DSL-AC68U. Was pretty easy to set up for Infinity 2. I noticed the data rate is quite a bit lower than the Smart Hub which was getting 71mb. The ASUS is 63mb. Not sure if there's a way to tweak that. But that's still pretty decent. To be fair the Type A Smart Hub is more stable, today the up time was 8 hours.

Cheers,

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 56

can you post any stats from the asus

0 Ratings