cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 56

Re: Smart hub keeps restarting

Well it seems the Type A smart hub has solved the issue of the restarts. Which makes me wonder why BT are shipping the type B. Possibly it only occurs in some situations. Uptime us now 14 days, since I plugged it in. Which is 12 days better than the type B could manage.
Cheers,
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 56

Would you believe it, the hub restarted last night at some point, so uptime is down to 15 hours. However I noticed the oven clock had also reset (the hub is in the kitchen where the phone socket is), so not sure if there was a brief power issue. Will keep an eye on it.

Cheers,
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 56

I found this in the event log:

04:30:36, 04 Jan.

ppp1:TR69 event found : 4 VALUE CHANGE

04:30:36, 04 Jan.

ppp1:TR69 event found : 1 BOOT

04:30:35, 04 Jan.

ppp1:TR69 sending Inform message

04:30:34, 04 Jan.

04:30:34, 04 Jan.

04:30:33, 04 Jan.

ppp1:TR69 sending Inform message

04:30:30, 04 Jan.

ppp1:TR69 creating new session with ACS

04:30:24, 04 Jan.

wl1:(1/11) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

04:30:24, 04 Jan.

ppp1:TR69 connectivity to (pbthdm.bt.mo) has failed

04:30:23, 04 Jan.

04:30:23, 04 Jan.

So presumably that is some sort of reset request. The time of 4:40 Jan 4 ties with the uptime when the router reset. There is also one on the 1st of January but it didn't reset on that date. Then the event log jumpts to Jan 4.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 56

@zobbo wrote:

I found this in the event log:

So presumably that is some sort of reset request. The time of 4:40 Jan 4 ties with the uptime when the router reset. There is also one on the 1st of January but it didn't reset on that date. Then the event log jumpts to Jan 4.

Jan 1st 1970 or similar, was the default time used by many routers, until the could connect to a time server.

I think you will always find that a restart will always show this initial date, irrespective of when the restart occurred.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 56

Thanks, I guess that explains it.

I've been looking through the forums and there is a post about a 14 day reboot cycle for some smart hubs. Apparently it's caused by the DLM. It's not the end of the world, but could be annoying if it happens during the day. I'm beginning to think the Smart Hubs are pretty poor. Third party routers reportedly don't reset at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 56

@zobbo wrote:

Thanks, I guess that explains it.

Third party routers reportedly don't reset at all.

Because they are not under the control of BTs remote management.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 56

@zobbo

Then do what I did when the hh6 was doing the 14 day cycle - I restarted the hub last thing at night so the 14 day cycle happened when I was not using the internet. It is annoying but restarts right away and speed and noise margin return the same after as they were before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 56

It's not a problem at the moment as it booted at 4:30am, though I plugged it in at 4:30pm, so that suggests a 13 day and 12 hour cycle, just to be pedantic.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 56

mine when it was on 14 day cycle was always about that but never exact - sometimes just before 14 days sometimes hours after  It then just stopped the 14 cycle and remaied connected and was only stopped by a power cut

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 40 of 56

@zobbo wrote:
It's not a problem at the moment as it booted at 4:30am, though I plugged it in at 4:30pm, so that suggests a 13 day and 12 hour cycle, just to be pedantic.

Any difference in your connection stats as DLM often takes action in the early hours.

0 Ratings