cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Smart hub

Having had constant connection drops and hanging of the smart hub I finally managed to get it replaced 3 werks ago. This time I received a model B version and what a revelation it is. 17 days with out a connection drop and rock solid speed.

What is the difference between the A and B models?

Thanks
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Smart hub

With previous hubs it was basically that they were made by a different manufacturer. There were no added features.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

I think the hh6b has a wan port and the A does not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 11

did it come with a red plug ethernet cable in the box if it did they sent you it by mistake if you dont have fttp that is.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

@TheRealBudski wrote:
Having had constant connection drops and hanging of the smart hub I finally managed to get it replaced 3 werks ago. This time I received a model B version and what a revelation it is. 17 days with out a connection drop and rock solid speed.

What is the difference between the A and B models?

Thanks

When I had a Hub 5 A it was atrocious. Got it changed to a B and it never missed a beat. There were loads of reports on various sites confirming the same. Looks like the Hub 6 is the same. Mines an A and is no better than a paper weight from testing it for a few days. I have now went back to my a 3rd party router.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Next time I’m in the attic I’ll take a look and compare the ports. 

Agreed about the A being an expensive paper weight. Got about 2 weeks out of each before they completely locked up and couldn’t even be factory reset.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

I use a hh6a and have done since the initial trial and never had any problems so they are not all paper weights

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@imjolly wrote:

I use a hh6a and have done since the initial trial and never had any problems so they are not all paper weights

In all fairness, I expect the ones issued to the triallists were thoroughly soak tested before being issued. Once mass production started, quality is bound to be variable, as these are made as cheaply as possible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

In all fairness, I expect the ones issued to the triallists were thoroughly soak tested before being issued. Once mass production started, quality is bound to be variable, as these are made as cheaply as possible.

@Keith_Beddoe

There is nothing to substantiate that just your assumption. There must be thousands of hh6 which work perfectly fine and as expected only the problem hh6 are reported on the forum. Nobody comes to the forum and says their connection is working ok and no problems with their hh6

Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

I fully agree with you IMJOLLY I have had just the same results as you and I know of quite a few hub 6 users who have never had a days trouble with them