Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: SmartHub 6a unable to connect to IP address

Go to solution

Try un-installing and re-installing NIC on PC. Shut down PC in between.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

So finaly got it fixed by clean installing Windows 10 what a joke....

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Great... I'm having the same problem with Windows 10.  I really dont want to do a clean install as I upgraded from Windows 7 and dont know what the repurcussions of that will be. 

Migt be something reset for the NIC when doing a clean install, either in ncpa.cpl or device manager.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

I just replace my Home Hub 5 with the new Smart hub and this issue has been driving me insane! I have two Win 10 PCs connected via ethernet which cannot connect to 192.168.1.254 regardless of whichever browser I use.

However my Android phone and my laptop running Win 10 (connected by wifi) both have no issues connecting to the admin page. I've also tried uninstalling / reinstalling the netowrk adapter but no luck.

Never had any issues like this with Home Hub 5 and although the hardware might be nicer on the Smart hub, the admin software is garbage imo. It's slow and seems to have less configuration options.

If I ever get round to it, I'll reset my desktop PC so it's a clean Win 10 install as it sounds like it's the only way to resolve this issue!

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution
What anti-virus are you using, and is it different between PCs that can connect and those that can't? I think I remember users with Ksapersky having issues.

Regards
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution
All three PCs are running Kaspersky anti-virus (NOT internet security which includes its own firewall).
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution
It does seem to be the culprit, but I have absolutely no idea what it could be doing to block the connection. I've tried turning off the anti-virus and using Chrome incognito mode (which won't run the Kaspersky extension), but still no luck.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Change the routers IP fixed it for me cleared up after a while back using the stand one with out issue. Also using Kaspersky and tried accessing with it uninstalled same issue.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

I tested with another PC connected to the router via ethernet, but running ESnet Smart Security instead of Kaspersky. Had no issues connecting the admin page at all.

**bleep** Kaspersky, guess I'll have to check out its competitors when my sub runs out. Might go back to Avira again.

0 Ratings