cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CosmicWayne
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

SmartHub6?Really?

Had this for over a month now and it seems to work fine until I try to connect to a wifi extender. Have tried three separate BT extenders and not a single one has managed to connect. Fizzing inside as I am otherwise happy with the thing. Help desk was not helpful and could only suggest that it should be working and perhaps I should try another extender. Hacked pff.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: SmartHub6?Really?

Don't know if this will work but have you tried different wireless modes:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56287/~/what-is-the-wireless-mode-feature-on-my-bt-sm...

Mode 2 might work for you

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
CosmicWayne
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

No joy I'm afraid. somewhat peeved that everything BUT the BT extender will connect.
0 Ratings
CosmicWayne
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Can I order a replacement? Should I stick with my HH5? What about the new extended contract I bought on the basis of owning a HH6?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

If you could give more details such as what extenders you are using, how you are trying to connect them and what if anything happens when you do try to connect, somebody may be able to assist you.

0 Ratings
CosmicWayne
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Bt wifi  extenders, 300,600 and 1200. None of them connect via WPS. Used the computer to connect them and the names register on wifi but they wont connect to Hub. Have switched modes and tried enabling/disabling various functions all to no avail. Having perused various other threads it would seem I'm not alone in possessing a buggy box.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

I have had no problems with BT extenders and the hub 6 they just work out of the box
0 Ratings
m0sbf
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I have a Netgear Range Extender WN3000RP working with my Home Hub 6 and previously with a Home Hub 5. You can get these from a number of high street stores. Think mine came from Argos for about £15 - but it looks like the special offer may now be over as it is now £24.99. The box it came in has 107/0754 on it - which may be the Argos order code. The WN3000RP is a 2.4GHz only extender, but works brilliantly. We now have very good WiFi signal all over our 5 bedroon house and in the garden too. I use it for Apple AirPlay streaming and catch up TV, with no problems.

This extender is purely a 2.4GHz wireless device and has the added benefit of not using the house mains wiring to carry signals, so your house doesn't start generating interference for all your neighbour's equipment to endure. I think Netgear may have a dual band device out now - but I can't say if it works, as I haven't tested it.

To get it working - Just turn on the power to the extender, leave it to boot for 45 seconds, then press the WPS button on the side of it. Then press and hold the WPS button on the hub. The two devices should then connect and the extender creates a network with the same SSID as the HH6, but with a _EXT extension. The password for the extender becomes the same as that used for the hub.

Job done.

Hope this helps.

Steve

0 Ratings
jmfrost
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I have had problems with my HH6 and BT 610 extender. Had to use the computer to link them and then whenever I connected to the extender it caused the wifi to crash.

Can believe the difficulty in connecting two BT products.

Sending back the extender tomorrow, unless anyone else has the solution for this.
0 Ratings