cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

SmartTalk Connection - Problem with Account Details

My iphone SmartTalk app has stopped letting me make calls.

I get a "Call Failed" message, and a "Check my connection" option.  The Connection Test says:

"There is a problem with your account details.  We're having problems confirming you account.  Restarting the app might sort this out".

There is a button to restart the SmartTalk app.  Which, of course, does NOT sort the problem out.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DavidM
Message 2 of 11

Re: SmartTalk Connection - Problem with Account Details

Hi paul-j-mclaughlin,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting. Did you get this sorted? I can check it if you wish. Drop me an email with your details. You’ll get the “contact us” link in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
JoshfromWales
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I too have just got this problem. I have stopped the app and have uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail.

Andy advic anyone ?

0 Ratings
alanjenney
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

I, too, cannot make SmartTalk calls - at least, not over any WiFi connections, I get the same message about my account details The app seems able to log itself in over 2G or 3G. I am guessing that this is therefore not a problem unique to the one or two users who have posted about it.
0 Ratings
phatzer
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I've too experienced this issue, though only on iOS 7, maybe a coincidence however I've detailed below what I've found.

It appears to make the call over cellular data.

It appears to fail making calls over WiFi (throwing the connection problem message).

It does appear, however to work over WiFi when using our company VPN.

From my findings I can only conclude that the BT SmartTalk app uses a specific port, which may be blocked on some firewalls. I've not invested the time to work out which port as yet, but if we could be given this information, it may allow some people to resolve the problem on their networks.

0 Ratings
jaypee
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I've got the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
jaypee
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

David, I've got the same problem connecting can you help?

0 Ratings
ValerieK
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Same problem here on Samsung Galaxy Note II. Can't make calls over office wifi but can call on cellular network. Presumably some sort of security issue? 

0 Ratings
ajk60
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

I have the problem mentioned below.  Smart Talk worked fine at home last week but I'm now in the US and all I see is:

"Sorry, there was a problem making your call.  Try again, or if you still have problems, touch 'Check my connection' to see what's wrong".  Touching brings up:

"There's a problem with your account details.  We're having problems confirming your account.  Restarting the App might sort this out".  I tried that and it doesn't.

I tried deleting the App and relaoding.  It lets me log in and recognises my ID/Password and welcomes me back which suggests there isn't a problem with my accont details but, as soon as I try to make a call, it goes back to the "Sorry. there's a problem" message.

I have an iPhone 4S on IOS7 and my wife has an iPhone 3 on older software.  We both have the same issue so it can't be IOS7.

I've tried four or five wifi locations to se if that helps but no.  We're you able to solve this issue last year?

0 Ratings
Jtatkin
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

I have the same issue in France this always worked before please help!
0 Ratings