cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 32

SmartTalk Locked Out

Hi, 

Do you have any ideas? I signed up with Smarttalk the day of general release and it worked fine with my galaxy note 2. I tried to add users (made new accounts) but it kept saying I had to go to mybt and remove the existing handset. 

I removed my note 2 on friday. I left it a day. On saturday I was unable to add other handsets and my galaxy note 2 would not re-register. It now says when I try to register that the phone is already registered with another account (when I get it to call my landline number).

I am totally stuck.

Also when I log on into mybt there is no smarttalk option.

If I go manually to bt.com/mybt/smarttalk it says zero active users and new signups are not blocked?

Can anyone help. I tried ringing the specific Smarttalk 0800 number- using the options 4 then 1- the BT customer service agents don't have a clue what smart talk is.

I am now with no smarttalk service on any phone and i can't get my previously working phone to work

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: SmartTalk Locked Out

when you say made new account do you mean new account on BT.com or new email accounts as 'already registered' was a problem for another OP and problem was he was not creating MYBT accounts on BT.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 32

i meant new account on bt.com

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 32

@radii wrote:

Hi, 

Do you have any ideas? I signed up with Smarttalk the day of general release and it worked fine with my galaxy note 2. I tried to add users (made new accounts) but it kept saying I had to go to mybt and remove the existing handset. 

I removed my note 2 on friday. I left it a day. On saturday I was unable to add other handsets and my galaxy note 2 would not re-register. It now says when I try to register that the phone is already registered with another account (when I get it to call my landline number).

I am totally stuck.

Also when I log on into mybt there is no smarttalk option.

If I go manually to bt.com/mybt/smarttalk it says zero active users and new signups are not blocked?

Can anyone help. I tried ringing the specific Smarttalk 0800 number- using the options 4 then 1- the BT customer service agents don't have a clue what smart talk is.

I am now with no smarttalk service on any phone and i can't get my previously working phone to work

I had exactly that problem. It was only solved when a BT person manually remove all traces of smart talk from my account which resulted in a flurry of emails cancselling services. if you can't get this sorted out by phone then contact the Mods see the link feel free to reference me in this if you wish since I had first hand experience of this during the trial period

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 32

thanks will try tomorrow, rang them today and told to wait another day. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

rang them, now awaiting call back with update

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 32

Hi radii,

Keep us posted with this, if you're still having trouble getting this sorted we can take a closer look at this.

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Dear stuartrogerson or Stephanie, 

I'd appreciate some help. Stuart do you know the name of the engineer/ customer support again that was able to remove it. The BT smarttalk agent I spoke to said it has been fully removed from my account. But when i log into myBT smart talk is visible and active (see the attached screenshot from today and time). 

I've also enclosed the error I'm getting with my Galaxy Note 2. I've removed the app, reset the phone, reinstalled the app (even tried turning if on and off again inbetween). 

I'd really just like to use the SmartTalk service again.

phone.JPG

Radiiscreenshot.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 32

Yes same problem I had. The haven't removed the service from your account, until they do that you won't be able to do a fresh install.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 32

Smarttalk team emailed saying it has been removed despite screenshot above. 

Mods contacted. 

0 Ratings