cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikev21
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

SmartTalk & Virgin Mobile

I'm looking at a Virgin Mobile tariff but noticed it excludes "call forwarding services". Is anyone using a Virgin Mobile number on BT Smart Talk, does it work ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: SmartTalk & Virgin Mobile

Unless you intend to se smarttalk on 3G which can be expensive it won't matter as I find you can find a wifi connection and then call costs nothing and probably a better connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nikev21
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

my intention was to buy a virgin payg sim, stick it in an unlocked mobile, link it to my bt landline number using smart talk, then make calls to any other mobile through bt smarttalk @ 12p per min (plus connection charge) as opposed to virgin's 35p per min, whenever I run out of virgin mobile credit.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@nikev21 wrote:

I'm looking at a Virgin Mobile tariff but noticed it excludes "call forwarding services". Is anyone using a Virgin Mobile number on BT Smart Talk, does it work ?

I use BT STalk on a Virgin SIM; yes it does work, but its only as good as your broadband connection at the time.....

Ref your last post, where does call forwarding come into the question? You cant set a divert on Virgin as with some other operators. If its a divert from landline on an incoming call, you pay the part of the call thats diverted from your landline to your mobile; but this is quite independent of the Smart Talk app.  BT ST doesnt work for incoming calls anyway ATM.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
nikev21
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

thanks that's what I wanted to know before ordering the sim. I was confused by small print which reads ..

"Unlimited calls to UK landlines & 120 minutes to UK mobiles, that's numbers beginning with 01, 02 or 03 and it excludes call forwarding services."

Message 6 of 6

Glad thats sorted Smiley Happy

AFAIK no mobile operator stands the cost of a customer using call forwarding services; the customer [and in fairness, not the customers original caller] foots that part of the call made.

There is a subtle difference however to a 'divert' set on a mobile, which Virgin dont offer but some operators do. 

The small print of these things is something of a minefield which we all tread warily through Smiley Sad

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings